Friday, November 7, 2014

Music, Fishing, and An Awesome Website

Next month mom and I are going down to Key West for my Grandpa's wedding.
I have learned quite a few good wedding songs, like I'll Stop the World and Meld With You ~ by Modern English, Footloose ~ by Kenny Loggins, and Love Will Keep Us Alive ~ by the Eagles. With Love Will Keep Us Alive, I am going to finger-pick the riff that is in the beginning all the way through the song, transitioning from chord to chord as I go.  Here's what I have so far:


I am trying to get Forever Autumn from Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War Of The Worlds down on piano because it is a really good song for it. Actually, all songs on that album are spectacular for keyboards. Also, it is one of my dad's favorite songs. Just listen to it and you will know why.

I am also getting very interested in fishing. I am using lures and frozen shrimp on an open face spin reel. So far I haven't caught anything yet, but I might just need to switch to live bait, I don't know. One time, I got right smack dab in the middle of a snook feeding frenzy, and I felt my lure touch some of the fish
but none of them went after it.

My dad found me this really cool website for learning called edX. It's a website that has great online courses for stuff like poetry, William Shakespeare, science and cooking, computer programing, and more. All you have to do is sign up for free, find some classes you might enjoy, and enroll. These courses are made by a whole bunch of really awesome schools, such as Berkley, Harvard and others.

FletcherMorton.Com